Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Watched
by Sharde Richardson
(May 30th, 2011)

Mikayla doesn’t want much: just to rock out to her favorite band, become the next Kwiki Stop video gaming champion, and keep her Q-tip habit under control. What she does want is the sight of the sudden inexplicable dark auras around everyone to stop. Problem is, those auras are demons and Mikayla is the last trait holder with the power to ban them. Which is a total buzz kill.

To make matters worse, the town folk of Sulphur Springs don’t look the same, and her classmates are a little dark in the eyes. There are murders, suicides, reckless skinny-dipping, gratuitous use of Q-tips, and newfound powers that Mikayla must learn to control.

Her past becomes present when a shape-shifter tells her what her true identity is, and how to keep the demons of Hell from nipping at her Converse. Through him she’ll discover who to trust, who to kiss, and how valuable her abilities are to the right beings. Because the evils of Hell aren’t staying down without a fight.

Or without her soul.

First off, can we just talk about how absolutely amazing that cover is? I could stare at the full-sized image on Goodreads for hours. Not to mention that this just sounds like a fun, kickass paranormal novel. It seems like it's going to have some humor, and I love a book that doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm a little bummed though, because when I first saw this, I thought it was coming out at the end of March, but it's the end of May! I have to wait a full two months longer than I thought, but I hope it'll be worth the wait!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

14 comments:

  1. This book has one of the most eye-catching covers for this year! Awesome pick!

    Check out my picks for my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I hadn't heard pf this before but it sounds great, can't wait for it to come out. I'm a new follower btw =] My WoW post is here: http://thecaitfiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I keep finding myself drawn to the cover and premise for this one. I'll probably be buying it soon :)

    BTW: I just posted part 3 of Debut Author Incites, come check it out?
    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that a couple of people have this one listed today and I had never seen it before. It sounds amazing!

    Nice pick! New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cover is amazing, I love the colors!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've not heard of this book before, but will definitely be checking it out!

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Interesting! Hadn't heard of this one, I'm adding it to my wishlist! :) Awesome pick!

    Here's what I'm Waiting on Wednesday!!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely pick this one up just for the cover - LOVE it:) Come on May, I need to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mia: Seriously! I just want to keep staring at it, lol!

    @Cait: I hadn't heard about it until yesterday either. It sounds so good!

    @Khadija: I think this one might be one I actually have to go buy the day it comes out.

    @Two Readers Reviews: Thanks! :D

    @Katie: The colors are definitely amazing.

    @Christy: I'm surprised I hadn't heard about it sooner!

    @Jess: lol, my tbr list gets longer and longer ever Wednesday.

    @Jenny: I'm hoping it might be even more gorgeous in person than on screen. I'm going to have to resist the urge to just frame the book and hang it on my wall, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, hello there fellow Potter fan! Glad to have found your blog :)

    I totally agree about books that don't take themselves too seriously. Also interested to learn more about this strange Q-tip habit, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! That cover is stunning! The colours are amazing. An the plot sounds so awesome! I can't wait for release. Fantastic pick!

    And RE: your comment on my WoW. I just saw Kimberly Derting tweet that if she reaches so many followers she'll post up the full synopsis for The Pledge! Yay!

    BTW: HP Fans Unite!! I saw Aylee's comment and I was like "What?! Another HP fan!!" *searches all over blog for reference* Oh. You moron, Brodie. Look at the girls banner! haha. Harry Potter <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Aylee: You too! ;D And I totally agree. The Q-Tip abuse going on is just weird and intriguing. I have to know what it means.

    @Brodie: Really?! Holy crap, that would be awesome. I want to know what the book is about soso bad.

    And, dude, HP is my life basically, lol! The wand in the top banner is a replica of Snape's, appropriately enough. XD Though you can't forget my little Gryffindor pride badge on the left either. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really good. I really liked the cover. Great Pick

    ReplyDelete
  14. @abeautifulmadness: Thanks! The cover is amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete