Saturday, January 15, 2011

A-Z Reading Challenge 2011

So, yeah, I'm adding yet another challenge for this year. I've seen this one floating around a couple of different blogs, and it seemed awesome. It at least gives me a way to narrow down some books I definitely want to read this year. Hosted by the lovely Book Junky, this challenge is pretty straightforward and easy. Just read 26 books, one for each letter of the alphabet. Not only are you automatically entered to win two books just for participating, you can get a really cool swag pack just for joining! Head over to the challenge page for all the full details! Feel free to grab the button I made to the left as well!

I actually had a really, really hard time narrowing down one book for each letter. I could almost do two per!

{A} Ash by Malinda Lo
{B} The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
{C} The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby
{D} Delirium by Lauren Oliver
{E} Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
{F} Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
{G} Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by by Stieg Larsson
{H} Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
{I} Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
{J} Jane by April Lindner
{K} Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
{L} The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
{M} Matched by Ally Condie
{N} Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
{O} Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
{P} Pegasus by Robin McKinley
{Q} The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
{R} Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
{S} A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
{T} The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
{U} Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
{V} Virals by Kathy Reichs
{W} Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
{X} XVI by Julia Karr
{Y} You Are Not Here by Samantha Schutz
{Z} Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black

4 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to join this, but I think I'll pass. I really shouldn't!!! Anyways, good luck. Let me know what you think of A Spy in the House. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured I wanted to read most of these anyway this year, so maybe the challenge wouldn't be too hard. XD

    I can't wait to read Spy in the House. After your review of it, I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great list you have there! This is a fun challenge, but I would have thought it would have been more difficult to find books for some of the letters like "Q". There are a ton of books on your list I want to read though, so fantastic choices! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some letters took me forever to find a book for. Q was really hard, and so was K, actually. X and Z were really limited too - I've noticed the same books getting used a lot. XD

    ReplyDelete