Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Hop & Follow Friday (10)

This week, I'm participating in three different Friday memes! Crazy for Books hosts the Book Blogger Hop. Parajunkee's View hots Folly Friday. And a new Friday question to the block, TGIF at Greads! These are all wonderful opportunities for bloggers to get to know each other better.

Today's question from the Hop...
"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"
Are you kidding? Harry Potter all the way! I've dreamed of going to Hogwarts since I was eight years old, and I'm still secretly waiting for my acceptance letter. I want my own owl, and a wand, and to be sorted, and make all kinds of wizardy friends. It would be amazing.

Today's question from Follow Friday...
"Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you."
1.) I compulsively redo all my book shelves. Sometimes, I just get frustrated, take them all down, and put them all back up. And I have three huge shelves full. Not an easy task.
2.) Over half the books I own, I haven't read, but I still continue to buy books.
3.) Since I do the majority of the book ordering for my library, I may or may not stick a couple of books in there that I really, really want to read but don't want to buy. Luckily, all my choices have flown off the shelves like hotcakes. Unluckily, I haven't gotten them yet. :(
4.) I'd much rather be reading than doing anything else. If I could quit my job, and just read all the time, I totally would. Lottery, her I come...
5.) I judge books by their covers. All the time. I know it's so bad of me, but I just have a horrible case of constant cover lust. If I could frame some of the covers that come out now and hang them on my wall, I totally would.


Today's question from TGIF...
"Writing Negative Reviews: Are you guilty of it?"
Not really negative, but not really supportive. If it's something like the Luxe series that annoyed the crap out of me, yeah, I'll vent a little. Or if it's like one of the books I finished recently that just...really didn't do it for me, I'm not going to write a glowing review. But while I may post negative things, I will also always post positive. In fact, I even try to do that with books I absolutely adore, because I want to cover the whole spectrum. So while I will never right an outright nasty 'ugh, I hated it!' review, I'm not going to skirt around my true feelings. 
 
    

15 comments:

  1. Ack! We have a lot of things in common!! I want to read in the world of HP too.. and I always judge books by their covers which is why I somehow miss some of the really great books with awful covers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter has been an overwhelmingly good choice by so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also try to give both the negative and positive in all reviews.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'd be so awesome to land in the Harry Potter series! I wonder what kind of wand would be assigned to me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower! Lovin' your blog! Would love a new follower over @ www.reviewsbymolly.com .

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be fun to visit Hogwarts...I only read ONE Harry Potter book and visited The Elephant House restaurant in Scotland where J. K. Rowling sat to write the books.

    Hope you have a fun hop.

    My answer has three choices...stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked Harry Potter too! I've wanted to go to Hogwarts since I was 11. I bet we'd be buddies if we both went to school there. Unless you got slotted into Slytherin...then we might be rivals...*suspicious eyes*

    Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend, Liz! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I think it'd be fun to hang out in Hogwarts as well :) I'm an old follower and you can find my answer at The Bookish Snob Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is a popular choice and I totally understand why. I just don't think I could handle being in a series with Voldemort.

    old follower
    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I dream of being a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw. :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of us like Harry. Though I made a different choice this time.

    Here's my post for this hop. Hope you will stop by. I always follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Emi: We could be...frenemies. *gasp*

    Thank you everyone for stopping by! Harry Potter was definitely a popular choice this time around. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just dropping in for the blog hop.

    My answer: I would love to be in Francine River's Redeeming Love. I wouldn't want to be the main character. Just a secondary character is gets to watch it all happen.

    ReplyDelete