Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Hop & Follow Friday (9)

This week, I'm participating in three different Friday memes! Crazy for Books hosts the Book Blogger Hop. Parajunkee's View hots Folly Friday. And a new Friday question to the block, TGIF at Greads! These are all wonderful opportunities for bloggers to get to know each other better.

Today's question from the Hop...
"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"
I used to be able to do this so easily as a kid! I'd have at least three books going at once, and never forget the plots. Now? Well, sometimes I get previous book's plots mixed up with what I'm currently reading, so keeping up with one book at a time is as task in and of itself.

Today's question from Follow Friday...
"How did you come up with your blog name?"
It was actually a long process. I knew I wanted it to include the word "tea" somehow, since I love tea, and it's my online persona. ;D I had notepads full of different names, and I actually ended up just getting frustrated and picking one. But now, I'm pretty satisfied, though I do have some blog name envy every now and then.

Today's question from TGIF...
"Cover lust: which book covers are you lusting over right now?"
I am a total cover junkie, so this is actually really hard lol! But I'll just pick three randoms off my list. I chose newer books, since it's just too hard for me to pick only a couple from all of my favorite books.


13 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I love learning more about the bloggers out here! Thanks for sharing. You can find my follow Friday post here: http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-friday-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok first of all.. how gorgeous is your blog?! I love the look of it! And second.. awesome picks on cover lusting! My eye has definitely taken a double take at all 3 of those.

    Thank you for joining TGIF this week! & happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by! I really love your blog name. It's just awesome!

    Happy Friday!
    My Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, happy hop! Those covers are gorgeous, especially Imaginary Girls, that looks amazing! I tend to only read one book at a time too, it just gets way too confusing for my little brain :L Have a great week!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not everyone can multi-task and nobody should. When it comes to book sure, I can't read four books simultaneously (or even two, for that matter!) but there are times I'll juggle as many as four books at a time depending on the subject matter, the urgency or more often both.

    The real trick to this is what KINDS of books to juggle. Hop on over to my blog and learn the method behind my madness - http://www.howardshermannet
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming through on the blog hop.

    I will read two books only if I am slightly bored with the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Imaginary Girls...LOVE that cover. Hauntingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    Great blog - gorgeous, interesting content, and entertaining! I'm a new follower :)

    I haven't heard of the TGIF hop - thanks for bringing it up, I may just have to participate next week!

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I read two books at the same time, but they have to be different genres so that I don't get the plots mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I adore the Tris and Izzie cover.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lisa: Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a great weekend. ;D

    @Ginger: *blush* =3 thank you! And I definitely plan on joining every week. I love your questions.

    @Christy: Thanks! :D

    @Bella: Me too! I get so confused if I read more than one at a time now. ;_;

    @Mystica: Thanks for hopping thru! ;D

    @thatcovergirl: I love it. It's so beautiful. I'd totally buy it as a print and hang it on my wall somewhere. :-P

    @Ms. C: Aw, thanks! And thanks for stopping by too. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    @Rebecca: Thanks for hopping through!

    @Alison: Isn't it just to die for?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My seven year old is reading three books right now. One at school, one for her daily reading and one that she reads before bed for fun. I don't know how she keeps track of them. I can only read one.

    Happy Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sara: That's the way I was when I was a kid, lol! I'd have at least 2 going, and at most 5. I don't know how I did it, when now I can hardly handle one sometimes.

    ReplyDelete