Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (10)

It's time for another In My Mailbox! I can't believe it's already Sunday. Some weeks just go by so fast. I usually do a vlog post now, but I was just too exhausted yesterday afternoon to make one. Blame laundry and dishes, ugh.


{FOR REVIEW}
 I was shocked to get this one in the mail - I hadn't asked for it! It's nice to get a little surprise every now and then. ;D But, this looks really good. I haven't read Incarceron or Sapphique yet, but I've heard they're good. And this has a map. A fold-out map. I'm hooked.

{BOUGHT}
I bought Behemoth after I found Leviathan at my local discount store. I've been meaning to read it forever, and my library's only copy is large print - and I just cannot read large print for the life of me. So, I just went ahead and bought my own. I know I'll love it anyway. ;D I bought Wuthering Heights since it's my next Wordsworth challenge book. I always like to have a cheaper paperback copy that I don't feel so bad about highlighting quotes in. And I'll admit it, I totally love the classic re-releases with the Twilight-y covers. They're so pretty!

{BORROWED}
  I kind of went a little library-book-happy this week and checked out more than I usually do. But, with all the new amazing orders coming in (ya know, not to toot my own horn or anything, lol!), I just can't help it. I checked out Forgive My Fins for a little mermaid fun - I absolutely love mermaids. Hex Hall is for the A-Z Challenge. The Iron Witch is a 2011 debut author, and Sisters Red is just for fun. I looooove the cover on Sisters Red, and I love werewolves, so I figured it would be a good match.

Oh, and I got one other bookish thing:

This is totally my life motto. "Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake"

-------------------------------

So that's what I got this week. What's in your mailbox?

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren

17 comments:

  1. Wuthering Heights is so good! And I've seen the new cover, too - it's pretty. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Hex Hall, lemme know what you think =] I've got the iron witch too, but I haven't gotten round to reading it yet =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hex Hall, it's awesome :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alissa: I can't wait to read it! I think it'll be the next thing I read after I wade through my library pile.

    @Cait: I'm definitely excited to read Hex Hall. I've heard a lot of really good things about it. I'll definitely be posting a review. ;D

    @Bella: Thanks! ;D <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hex Hall! I LOVED that one, the snark factor is fabulous and had me laughing the whole way through. I just finished Demonglass and loved that one as well, it's nice when the second book lives up to the first one:) Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jenny: I've heard it's funny, and I definitely could use some humor to come home to after work, lol! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so my moto too! miam CupCakes!

    Loved Hex Hall, hope you like it too. I've been dying to read Demonglass, but I can't seem to find it at my local bookstore, so I'll have to order it online...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @abeautifulmadness: Cupcakes are definitely the best. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I'm really looking forward to reading The Iron Witch. I hope you like it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Christy: The Iron Witch was one of my most anticipated debuts for 2011, so I'm crossing my fingers I fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week. Hex Hall is awesome. Been thinking about getting Sisters Red.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sally: lol, everyone is saying how good Hex Hall is! It better live up to its reputation. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great books at the library! I really loved Sisters Red and Forgive My Fins is a lot of fun. I liked Hex Hall too, but the second book in the series is even better! Is the Catherine Fisher book you got part of the Incarceron series, or is it another series/standalone?

    enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Nicole: It's a new series that's coming out. It's...I wanna say four books that are coming out one month after the other for the summer. It looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul this week! I really enjoyed Catherine's Incarceron series. I wasn't aware she had other books coming out, so I'll have to check this one out.

    Interested to hear what you think of Sisters Red and The Iron Witch - I have copies of them both but haven't gotten around to read them yet. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got Relic Master as well! I haven't gotten it to it yet though... it will probably be a while until I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Brodie: I'm really hoping Iron Witch turns out good. I've heard some iffy reviews, but that's doesn't always mean I won't like it. ;D Same for Sisters Red.

    @Cialina: It's kind of on the back burner for me too. I have a couple others that kinda take precedence.

    ReplyDelete