Friday, March 11, 2011

Well, that went by fast...

So I am officially back from my Wizarding World adventure. Actually, I was back on Wednesday, but between getting back to work, unpacking, and trying to find a place for all my new commemorative Butterbeer mugs, it's been one crazy week.

But guys. Seriously. Seriously. If you are a Harry Potter fan at all, save up and go. This is hands down the best park at Universal Studios. It probably beats most at Disney too. Guys, I almost cried when I saw Hogwarts. The only reason I didn't was because of all the people, and because I didn't want to look like that much of a Harry Potter nutjob in front of our friends. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to volunteer to just stay and work. For free. Heck, I'd bunk in an alley and eat Three Broomsticks scraps if they'd let me. Point is, it's beyond beautiful, and I'm going to be saving up to go again, because I don't think I'll ever get enough.

But enough about my unhealthy addiction to all things Harry P. My vacation gave me a spring in my step, and while I did take a day or two off to unwind and maybe neglected the blog just a little, I'm totally ready to hop back on board now. So, here's a little peek at what's coming up:

  • 99 followers while I was away? Holy crap! I never, never expected to be this close to 100 so soon. But I will tell you, I'm preparing something special for when I hit that mark. ;D
  • I'm having a pretty epic IMM this weekend with two weeks worth of amazing books. 
  • Upcoming reviews for The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff and The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller.
  • Upcoming "mini" reviews for Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning and Dark Lover by J. R. Ward. These were my guilty travel reads - I enjoyed them though, so I thought I'd group them together for a mini review. 

And maybe some other stuff that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. It's late, and I'm tired, so it's bed for me. Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had an awesome time! I totally wanna go. Some day... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! Man, I would freaking LOVE to go there. I will one day. I will, I will, I will. I just have to save up enough money to fly to the US and then double that amount for spending money!

    Haha "I'd bunk in an alley and eat Three Broomsticks scraps if they'd let me." Oh man, I hear ya ;)

    What did the butterbeer taste like?? And Hogwarts castle?! Isn't there an interactive Quidditch game or something? And moving portraits? And.. and... ohh did you get to do the wand experience?! Oh please give some details! :D Sorry... I'm trying to live vicariously through you LOL.

    YAY! Congrats on your followers! Come on people, one more reader, one more reader. I'll go tweet to try drum you up another :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Do you have pictures? If so you should really post them. Please please share. I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it amazing?! I went a few months ago and for the first hour just walked around staring in awe and amazement. Although, I had been daydreaming about my trip for months and it was even better than I had imagined, but I somehow hadn't factored all the other people into my daydreams and was shocked when I got there and there were hundreds of other people in MY Harry Potter fantasy. :) Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably cry too if I saw Hogwarts. Really want to go but I think I'll wait until they're finished with their expansion of it. Universal may be removing an adjacent area (The Lost World, I think) and expanding The Wizarding World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alissa: It wasn't nearly as much as I expected. But I was lucky enough to split it four ways - and tax returns sure helped too.

    @Brodie: LOL! Butterbeer was amazing! The castle was epic. There's a "Forbidden Journey" ride that was the best 4D ride ever. I did buy another one, but it's usually a kid that gets picked for the "experience". Seriously, if you get a chance to go, do it. It's beyond amazing.

    @Alexis: I think I might. ;D Have it scheduled for Monday currently.

    @Siobian: I want to go back so bad! It really was the best park at Universal.

    @Miss Remmers: I think I'll post some Monday ;D And maybe a video too.

    @Aylee: I've heard that too - but then it's just an excuse to go back for me. ;D If I could make it an annual trip, I so would.

    ReplyDelete