Saturday, May 7, 2011

Free Comic Book Day Today!

from weheartit.com
So, in case you didn't know, today is the annual celebration of Free Comic Book Day! Free Comic Book Day is an amazing event held the first Saturday in May of every year - and it's been going on since 2002. Every year, comic book shops in North America (and even some around the world) participate by offering at least one free comic to every person that happens to walk into their shop today.

One of my biggest loves when I was a teen were Japanese graphic novels, or manga. Since then, my tastes have grown to include all kinds of illustrated works. Buffy Season 8 anyone?

To check and see if your local comic book shop is participating, hit up http://freecomicbookday.com and use their store locator in the sidebar. I'm so excited that my local store is actually participating. Hopefully I can swing my after work and peruse a little.

And in honor of comic books, here's the trailer of "Thor" for you to drool over, since it comes out this weekend. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment