Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding my balance...

So some of your may or may not have noticed that I kind of fell off the face of the planet for almost two weeks. I really wish it hadn't happened, but I kind of lost all my inspiration for a little while, and I feel into a pretty bad reading slump. Luckily I had a few reviews stocked up to carry me through for a little while, but it wouldn't last forever.

Basically, I'm struggling with finding the balance in my life right now. I kind of just threw myself into the whole blogging world thinking it would be easy peasy, but it is a lot of work. It's almost like a second job, and while I love it, it was kind of taking over my life.

My real job is kind of crazy at the moment, and maybe just a little bit stressful. I tend to not want to look at a computer anymore when I get home, and that's kind of what blogging is all about! But I think if I pick a day and just get all my posts lined up then, and I don't have to worry about posting the rest of the week, I might not feel so burnt out.

I'm also just trying to balance my real life right now. I've taken some steps to trying to be healthier by joining a fabulous gym, and trying to get gym time in, but still hang out with friends and socialize is taking some getting used to. Though the awesome yogurt place a block from my gym kind of makes up for it, lol! I'm also starting to plan some house-y stuff, which is really fun, and one of my passions, so I've been spending all my time researching color palettes and room inspirations. Not to mention I may or may not be working on getting my creative writing spark back, and spending some time researching various subjects. ;D

And, seriously, the weather has been all over the place. After the absolutely terrible tornadoes that ripped through the Southeast, Mother Nature did a 180 and is giving us the most beautiful spring weather I've ever seen. I want to be outside allllll day. I can't wait for summer.

So, basically, I'm trying to find my balance, and if I fall off the wagon every now and then, don't hurt me, kay? ;D But, here's what you can look forward to soon on the blog:

  • 100 follower contest winners!
  • Review for Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
  • Review for Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  • Review for Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Review for BBC mini-series of Wuthering Heights
  • Thoughts on City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
  • Monthly R.A.K. wrap up post
  • And, of course, the weekly memes we all love!

And also a little other thing that's been bothering me. You see, I thought up the most perfect blog name a couple of weeks ago. The problem is I already have a blog name I like, but this one has been eating away at me. It's (drum roll) "The Noveltea Shelf", or some variant thereof. Basically, "noveltea" was the word I thought up, and it's perfect, because I do books and tea on the blog. And now I'm torn. So, that's where you guys come in. Vote in the poll below and set my mind at ease!


Should the blog name change?
(The lovely pictures I used are from http://weheartit.com)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Liz! Nice to see you back. Totally understand the lack of life balance! I'm at a really busy point now too with uni and sometimes I wonder why I didn't save blogging until after graduation. I think scheduling posts definitely helps!! Hope you get your balance back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was/am going through this too. I'm giving up 2 memes a week, and doing as much pre-work as possible concerning reviews, memes, etc. There's definitely a balance, but it's different for each individual. Just gotta find what's right for us =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate with you on finding balance. It's crunch time for me at school with the end of the semester and finals coming up in a couple of weeks. I also get obsessive about going to the gym and all of this leaves less time than I'd like for reading and blogging!

    I do want you to know that your blog is one of my favorites!I've always liked The Tealeaf Review as a name but The Noveltea Shelf is so clever! I would probably normally say keep Tealeaf for consistency's sake but I think you should go with Noveltea. :)

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops. I totally put your poll in a tie! I really love your blog name already but the other name is great as well.

    ReplyDelete