Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Blogging Resolutions



Even though this is a brand new blog, I still feel like making some blogging resolutions is a pretty good idea. There are some goals I really, really want to accomplish next year. Most, hopefully, within the first few months of the new year. I've had other blogs before - personal ones that all seemed to die off within a couple of months. I really, really don't want that to happen to this one. I'm crossing my fingers some of these will help me stay on track. ;D

  • To start off simply, I would actually like to read 1 classic novel every two months, with my year-end goal being 6. I'm setting my aims low, so that next year, if this was easy, I can increase. I love so many classic novels, and there are tons I've always wanted to read, so I really want to try to squeeze some in.
  • Network, network, network! I'm going to have to face my fears and actually join Twitter. Maybe even make a Facebook page. I also need to not be so nervous to talk to other bloggers and get advice!
  • I want to join at least one challenge for 2011. I've really got my eye on the DAC challenge as of right now. I definitely think having quotas and whatnot keeps me on track.
  • I really need to find my own reviewing voice - I'm still, and actually always have been, a little nervous about it. I need to focus on how I'm going to plot out my reviews, what questions I need to pose to myself, and just the general feeling I want to give.
  • I want to start maybe one or two of my own blog "features". I think they're really, really fun, and it would give me something to talk about besides books - maybe touch on a few of my other passions in life.
  • Participate in memes! But I'm limiting myself to maybe only one or two. I don't want my blog to be nothing but memes every week, but I think they're really fun.
  • Lastly (so far!), I want to kind of broaden my reading horizons. Maybe step out of my normal comfort zone. I'd like to read more contemporary fiction - because I swear, it seems like all I read is fantasy and paranormal sometimes. There's a whole world of genres out there I would absolutely love to explore.

That's my list so far. I may keep adding to it once things start popping in my head. Of course, the most obvious goal is to actually finish the blog and get everything up and running! Hopefully my procrastinator ways won't get in the way too bad. ;D

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, I'm a horrible procrastinator as well. (I'm still putting off writing some sort of resolution post, haha).

    And definitely join twitter! I've met countless book bloggers there and otherwise, and they're all super friendly. Good luck with the rest of your resolutions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only reason I haven't procrastinated so far this year is everything is so new. Give me a couple of months and I'll be a lazy bum again. ;D

    I'm definitely going to join twitter soon! It's kind of intimidating, but it looks fun all at the same time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete